Five Best CDN Providers
Are you looking for a solution to speed up your WordPress website? There are so many different options for CDNs to use that it can be difficult to sift through all the information out there and make an informed decision. In this article, we discuss the top five Best CDN Providers of 2021. However, before we help you choose the best CDN service, let us first understand what a CDN is.
What is a CDN?
CDN, short for Content Delivery Network, is a network of servers which deliver cached static content from a website. A CDN provides content from a different server depending on the geographic location of the user, ensuring your website visitors from around the world get the best possible experience.
However, one thing that you need to remember is that CDN is not a WordPress hosting service. In short, you would still need a WordPress hosting service provider.
How to choose the Best CDN Providers
When you are searching for the best CDN, there is no space for mistakes. There are a couple of major things you should look for in a CDN before making the final decision:
1. Global Coverage
- The majority of CDNs offer a specific amount of bandwidth every month, which you can use without any penalty.
- If you want to choose the top CDN service, then look for one providing more than 2500GB in bandwidth.
2. SSL Certificates
- For the uninitiated, the SSL certificate provides a level of security to the website and the visitors.
- If you have an e-commerce store based on WordPress, then make sure to have a CDN offering SSL certification.
3. DDoS Security
- A website always runs smoothly with a faster and efficient security measure.
- The majority of the CDNs offer DDoS mitigation or other forms of DDoS protection.
These are the three primary parameters, which you need to ensure when looking for a WordPress CDN for your website.
Best CDN Providers and their Features
Given the above parameters, below is a list of the Best CDN Providers to keep your website running without any issues.
- This new and high-performing content delivery network has taken the world by a storm.
- BelugaCDN utilizes high-end technology and high-speed global network coverage to provide every user they are searching for on the internet.
- BelugaCDN provides excellent CDN services for a lower price than most of its top competitors. With plans as low as $0.005 per GB, and 30-day free trials for all plans, BelugaCDN is the top choice for the best WordPress CDN provider. Learn more here.
- The StackPath is a robust CDN designed for protecting a growing WordPress website.
- It has a more extensive network of servers across the globe.
- The CDN program keeps your business website safe from DDoS attacks with blocking and load balance features.
- It also offers a firewall, which reduces the server load on the website and boosts page loading time.
- StackPath is easy to set up for websites and comes with developer tools as well as APIs. It lets developers integrate applications or sites into the StackPath API. In short, it is one of the best CDN available to keep your website safe from any unauthorized access.
- RackSpace is known for cloud computing, hosting, and enterprise-level cloud solutions.
- The RackSpace CDN offers a robust cloud infrastructure, but the setup might be a bit complicated as compared to the other CDN services.
4. Key CDN
- Key CDN is an excellent option for WordPress websites.
- It provides an active network of servers located across the Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe.
- The best thing about this CDN is that it is easy to install on many platforms, including WordPress.
- Some features offered by KeyCDN include DDoS mitigation, HTTP/2 support, free and customized SSL, SSD servers, restful API support, and a powerful control panel.
- The Cachefly CDN offers excellent performance with minimal error rates.
- With a presence in 40 places around the world, it provides users with the best media content.
- Cachefly increases the rate of delivery of static objects to ten times, which offers the best Gzip compression.
- The advanced MD5 shared system allows users to create several security layers for their WordPress website via Time-Stamp, IP address, and Return URL.
- It also offers on-demand bandwidth without any risk of performance reduction or timeout.
How Will a CDN Speed Up the Website?
A WordPress hosting provider offers you a website using a single location.
It means every single user of your website has access to the same server.
Here is the tricky part.
In case the website has heavy traffic volume, then it would slow down the site.
Hence, during peak hours, the website can crash the server, which makes the website unavailable to the user.
Now is when you need to look for the best CDN to get the issue out of the way.
When the end-user requests access to your website, the CDN servers provide every static resource, which helps reduce the load on the hosting server.
In short, your website becomes more responsive and faster.
A network of servers located in different locations around the world delivers static content to the user.
Servers located in the user’s proximity cater to their request, which reduces page loading speed, thereby making the website faster.
BelugaCDN- A Few More ‘Worth Considering’ Points Discussed
The BelugaCDN utilizes some of the best CDN technology available on today’s date.
For starters, you will get to enjoy certain extraordinary benefits with BelugaCDN, which are as discussed right here:
1. The BelugaCDN Sonar
- If you ever want a real-time website traffic statistics to see how the website is doing, count on BelugaCDN service.
2. IPV6 Network
- The next time a user types in the address of your website, it would not take more than a second to load everything for them.
- With IPV6, no need to worry about loading times, as it provides the content with a dual-stick network at least 20% to 40% faster speeds.
It is also what makes BelugaCDN the best CDN service for those looking to provide the user with faster content loads without any delays.
- With BelugaCDN by your side, you need not worry about the protection of the website content.
- The wide range of tools works to keep your website content safe and secured against any unauthorized access.
4. Developer Friendly
With a plethora of smooth controls, advanced settings, and automation, BelugaCDN is your knight in shining armor.
Expect the speediest content delivery when you have BelugaCDN available for your website. The 30 days free trial is just the ideal thing to speed up the site in no time. Now that is something we all wish for when buying CDN service- that saves money present us with some of the best features to speed up our site.
With so many options, one is bound to get confused about choosing the best CDN for their WordPress website. However, if you keep in mind the three parameters mentioned above when looking for a CDN, BelugaCDN is just the right thing for your website. It surely has the power to speed up your website and leave you with superb results, which you always aimed for.
Power-up your Content Delivery
30 Day Free Trial Cancel Anytime